Wineport Lodge, Athlone
Wallpaper and Wall Covering
By playing with different patterns, textures, and colours, anyone can create a truly unique and stylish space using wallpaper.
Wallpapering can be used in both residential and commercial settings, allowing us to customize your space. Wallpapering is becoming increasingly popular among homeowners as it is a relatively affordable way to transform a room’s look.
We are completely flexible, and we can either provide you with wallpaper or utilise what you already have. It is the perfect option to add a touch of class to any room
The benefits of vinyl wallpaper:
polyvinyl coating, meaning it is sturdy and moisture-resistant
comes in a variety of styles and textures
heat, humidity and fade resistant
easy to clean
3D designs, such as wood grain, stone and marble textures
Wall coverings can be a great way to freshen up any living space. Quinn Professional Decorators will bring new life to old walls with a wall covering that compliments the room.
Wallpapers with intricate patterns can add texture, depth and unique visual interest to a wall. Painted wall coverings can also be used to brighten and bring warmth to a room. Coverings can range from classic and refined, to modern and edgy — the possibilities are endless.
If you’re unsure what wall covering is right for your space, we will be happy to advise you. We have years of experience and will help transform any room, in keeping with your style and taste.
Our experienced decorators are pros at hanging wallpaper, ensuring a high-quality, professional finish. To give you an idea of the process, our experts will take the following steps.
1. Prepare the Walls: We will clean your walls ensuring they are free from moisture, grease and dust. Any cracks or holes will be filled and sanded down.
2. Choose the Right Wallpaper: We will make recommendations on the type of wallpaper we will need to install based on the functionality of the room. Places like hallways can generally utilise any type of wallpaper, whereas rooms like bathrooms will need a vinyl covering to ensure there is no moisture penetration.
3. Measure and Cut the Wallpaper: We will measure the wall and cut the wallpaper to the right size once it is clean and prepped. This will ensure that the walls are covered properly and that there are no gaps or overlaps.
4. Apply Paste to the Wallpaper: We use only premium wallpaper glue to ensure your wallpaper hangs for years to come.
5. Hang the Wallpaper: We will then hang the wallpaper which can sometimes simulate that of a jigsaw; most wallpapers will have patterns, textures and images that will need to be ‘matched’ and lined up in accordance with the design. For example, say your wallpaper has images of a dog on it but the roll ends halfway through the dog's face, the next piece of wallpaper we hang will have to make up the other half. This can be a tricky task, which is why it’s best to call in the professionals.
6. Finish it up: We will go over the wallpaper with a wiper to ensure there is no excess glue, and to dissolve any air pockets that may exist. Your wallpaper should be fully dry by the next day and you can then move your furnishings and wall hangings, back into the room.
Wallpaper and Wall Coverings FAQ
Do my walls have to be level to install wallpaper?
In general, yes. However, some varieties are a bit more versatile. Call us to discuss this further.
How long does it take to hang wallpaper?
It can take anywhere from three hours to a day to hang wallpaper, the time it takes will depend on the size of the room.
Will wallpaper damage my wall?
If installed correctly, wallpaper will not damage your wall whatsoever. When you hire our experts, you can be guaranteed your walls will be fully protected.
Do I need to provide any equipment to get my wallpaper hung?
No. our professionals have everything they need to get the job done, but if you want to provide us with wallpaper you already have, we will be happy to hang it.